Even though her voice, tone and expressions usually bug me, Giada has some of the best recipes. Last night I used her recipe to make Sausage, Peppers, and Onions. We ate them sandwich style and it was soooo good. I'm enjoying it now as my leftovers for lunch. This is the link to the recipe. Below are the modifications I made.
Ingredients
1/8cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 links Hot Italian Chicken Sausage
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup Chardonnay
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes (olive oil and garlic diced from Whole Foods)
Ciabatta rolls or loaf
Provolone
Directions
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown on both sides, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.
Keeping the pan over medium heat, add the peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning, and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
Add the tomato paste and stir. Add the wine and tomatoes. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the browned bits. Bring to a simmer.
Cut the sausages into 4 to 6 pieces each, about 1-inch cubes. Add the sausage back to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
Split the Ciabatta. Hollow out the bread from the bottom side of each roll, being careful not to puncture the crust. Put as much provolone as desired in the dug out side. Fill the sausage mixture on top of the provolone. Yummy!!
Definitely the best sausage and peppers recipe I've ever had. The tomato paste and wine really add richness. I also prefer things spicy, which is why I opted for hot Italian sausages. Whole Foods has the best non pork Italian sausages. Joab had seconds and I did not get heartburn. I guess my baby has no hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment