Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Off the wagon??

So, I've been pretty good about eating healthy, staying active and trying not to over indulge. Of course, at the beginning of the pregnancy one day I ate chili cheese fries and a chocolate shake for lunch, but I've generally been eating like my normal self. Well, last week not only did I not eat that great, I hardly worked out at all. Plus, the one day I did work out, I ate a breakfast burrito from Chik-Fil-A (b/c they were doing a promotion, I mean, c'mon free food in this economy??) and then ended up in so much pain later in the day I questioned my desire to keep working out at all anymore. Now my tailbone hurts, almost all the time. Plus the baby has decided to be super active the past few days, which I'm glad about, but it makes relaxation difficult. Worst of all, I've been having these foot cramps and soreness that remind me of being in college the day after wearing too high heels while slopping around 6th Street with Caroline. Touche. I topped off the week of eating with a delicious, nutritious breakfast at Breakfast Klub on Sunday. Apparently it's one of Beyonce's faves and she eats here every time she's back in Htown. Aside from the chance celebrity encounter, if you've eaten there, it would be your fave too. The wings are the bomb (trust me, even if you 'don't like wings' these are good) and worth eating with a waffle or pancakes. I can't resist the grits. I love me some grits, and these creamy, chewy nuggets of goodness complete with a pool of melted butter are the best I've ever had. Seriously. Nothing mushy or plain about their grits. Try them and see if you don't agree. I dare you....

No comments:

Post a Comment