Today was my glucose testing, which I've kind of heard horror stories about how disgusting it is, but I survived. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, probably because I worked myself into a tizzy thinking about it. Plus I had a regular appointment, and now weigh 180 pounds, which means 28 lbs of weight gain. Despite all efforts to stay under 30, I've decided that I eat healthy and stay active so wtf, if I'm gonna gain 40 or 50, that's life.
So the glucose drink would be great for hummingbirds in Leakey. I got fruit punch flavor (i.e. bright red), not the much described orange, and it was cold and even though I hate really sweet stuff, I didn't really mind it. I really couldn't believe how much of it I had to drink; I guess I expected just a dixie cup or something. It was gross, but probably not as gross as some store-bought cakes I've eaten. I just wondered if that was supposed to be my extra 300 calories for the day? Is it sad that my first 'food' post is about this?

cool!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! your career as a foodie blogger is totally taking off :)
ReplyDelete